Communauté de communes
du Val d'Oust
et de Lanvaux


Practical Life

Augmenter la taille des caractèresRéduire la taille des caractèresImprimer la pageS'abonner au flux rss

Tax, insurance, licence...

Iconme Tax

You pay an income tax return if your fiscal home is in France. You need to live and work here professionally. You are taxed on the totality of your income either from France or a foreign country.

Local Tax

If on 1st January, you live as either the home owner, tenant, or you live for free in a property in a furnished home, you have to pay for a local tax.

This is used by the "local territories services" to finance local services, development of the community of communes and communal services.

Land Tax

The Land Tax on a property or a property to be built is based on its value locally, its standard of comfort, and the surface area. Lt is collected by the "local territories services" to finance the service provided to the public.

Television License

You pay only once for alt television sets you may possess at the same address as long as they are for private use. It is linked to the local tax.

Dustbin Tax

Whether you are a permanent resident or you own a holiday home here, you must pay the dustbin bill it is based on the number of people living at home and is adjusted for secondary homes.
This represents a contribution to the costs of cleaning, taking away and treating garbage.

Driving license

If you drive in France, you are required to take driving test B at the age of 18 and you can start learning at the age of 16 in an apprenticeship driving school. The examination consists in a theory test (driving code) and a practical test (Driving). The B License allows you to drive a vehicle less than 3.5 tons of weight. You will then receive a 12 point driving permit.

In France, the green card insurance is the equivalent of the yellow card. Foreigners must prove that they have sufficient insurance to cover third party property damage. The green card is valid in Europe (with the exception of USSR and Albania) as well as Morocco, Tunisia, Israel, Turkey and Iran.
The yellow card provides a presumption of insurance and should be presented to the police authority or to the traffic police if required.

Automobile license

If you buy a vehicle, you must make sure that you receive a Log Book within 15 days as of the date of purchase or you can be subjected to a fine. You must fill in a form for the registration document, the form is obtained from all "Mairies", then you must immediately send the form to the prefecture in Vannes (56) In order to receive the Log BooK. The price of the Log Book varies according to the departments. In case of moving to a different area, you will be required to do the same.

Vehicle should take the MOT test when they are more than 4 years old, as well as vans. This test is valid for 2 years from the date of the test for cars, and each year for vans. The cost can vary from the MOT centre to another and is subject to market competition. When you sell a vehicle the seller must provide a valid test MOT Certificate less of 6 months old. You will find several car centers for MOT in Saint-Marcel near Malestroit on the Activities Zone of Paviotaie like in Ploërmel, Guer; Josselin, Mauron...

Sorting refusal and collecting waste

To re-use waste, they should be first sorted out.

Usually it just requires some organization. At home, just have another bin or bag, next to the regular garbage bin.

One is for card board, plastic, paper packaging, cans, tins, etc. another for newspapers, magazines...
Anything which can be recycled.

The other one is used for all other refusals, which are not recycled and can be re-used for energy or which will go to the landfill.

What do they do with glass?

Glass can be recycled indefinitely, so do not throw it away with other refusals. Please use containers dedicated for glasses and bottles.

As for all waste which cannot be disposed away in our bins, because they are just too big, too bulky or just because they are poIluting, we can get rid of them in a dump. Depending on the type, (domestic electric appliances, pieces of furniture, rubble), they will be distributed away in specific bins.

Collecting Waste

Usual collecting

Waste is placed in bins by the user in a bag or a wheeled-bin.

Selective Collecting

They are waste refusals for household packages, newspapers and magazines, some polluting fluids, which are separated first by the consumer, in a view to specific processing.

There is one type of selective collecting on de l'Oust à Brocéliande communauté :

All user must deposit the refusal in specific bins located in public places. This is traditionally the case for glass which is recycled. You can find the nearest one by looking on interactive map LINK. If you want to have more information you can refer to this link.